Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pre-departure week

More than half the week has passed... Have I done anything productive? Hmm... Let's see...

Monday
- Completed internship report.
- Did something really stupid on Monday, which led to someone being a little bit disappointed in me... But, I swear I'd never do it again! It's a once in a life-time experience... Hmm, At least I got my lesson in the horrendous allergy that ensued. *shudders* I'm itchy, red, sore and horribly easily irritated. I'd love to describe even more about the rashes, but of course, I shan't. It'd be a case of TMI = too much information. haha. Nonetheless, the company monday night was great. :) haha. SK bar is the greatest! =P It's got everything, including chips! haha.

Tuesday
- dealt with the SH issue. Line will be suspended from 2 Sept onwards, till I return. And even then, I hafta go down to the SH service centre to get back my line. $5 per month, and my contract is extended for 4 months *sighs* But better than paying 32 bucks for something that no one is using.
- met Rama in the morning =) haha, had philosophical discussion with him (as usual! What's new?) and came away rather refreshed...
- sent email for increase in baggage allowance. Still waiting for the response from SIA.
- bought my travel insurance. Decided to buy annual insurance since a) its cheaper, b) I plan to backpack europe next summer (Gerald, pls get ready for me to bunk in ur room =P)
- bought rechargeable batteries. This part took me at least 2 hours because no one in Cold Storage Taka could figure out if the rechargeable device I wanted had world-wide voltage (obviously not). By the time we all figured out, it was too late. I'd already gone to Best Denki to get my rechargeable batteries (sighs, w/o using my taka voucher! :()
- paid school fees
- met jon for dinner and used UOB card to buy tickets to Bad Habits. Now I know that using UOB card during wkdays, u get to pay only 6 bucks (regardless of the time)! haha.
- saw doctor for the allergy. Need to steal painkillers and whatnot (other medicine, such as cough syrup etc) from him, but he refused to give me. Nevermind, when I go see my dentist, I'd ask for it...

Wednesday
- got my insurance policy certificate, plus an electronic version of it (in case, and this is highly likely, I misplace it and require another one)
- bought all the toiletries necessary from Chinatown
- visited my very very very damned 帅 hairstylist and he cut fy's hair rather prettily. Haha, fy calls him, 公认的帅哥! haha, just like MS! MS also a 公认的帅哥!!! Haha. I shall follow my 公认的帅哥 wherever he goes to cut hair. Haha, maybe till he's 30 and starts to look less like a 帅哥. But hopefully, by then we'd have built a friendship lah. He looks like the kind who can do stuff for u and will help u if u're a friend. But then, I always am wrong, so maybe this one I'd be wrong too!
- withdrew money from Standard Chartered.
- converted SGD to 30k yen
- watch WALL-E with the older tiger, cos the other tiger cldn't make it... =( But had ben&Jerry's icecream after that, courtesy of the older tiger. =) haha, very very nice! Me loves cheesecake! and pralines (ate that with FY in the afternoon)
- started packing. Yesterday when I came online, out of the 5 MSN conversations I had, 3 started out with, "how's the packing" or something similar. Haha, I can now tell u... the packing's going on fine. around 70% done. My weighing machine tells me that I'm bringing at least 15.5kg worth of clothes. I still can't figure out why so much :( But of course, that includes my 2 winter jackets, 1 autumn coat (damned heavy can!) and a whole load of other stuff. I'm not gonna be very fashionable in japan :( *sighs* Shall throw away all my clothes when I get there and go to uniqlo and buy all their clothes.

Okay, needs to:
- wash all other clothes that I'm supposed to pack but can't pack because they're not washed (does that even remotely make sense?)
- clean up the room which looks like WW4 hit it.
- buy traveller's cheque in Jap Yen. Like, tomorrow. Like ASAP.
- maybe buy the vacuum pack thingie. Cos my coats are all very very thick, but its all air inside. :(
- buy files
- buy stationery
- continue packing!!! packing, packing packing!!!!

4 comments:

  1. wait... if ure gg to bunk w gerald... then what abt me...
    hahahahaha


    damn..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay with kankan. :P or jessica! or poh ning. haha. cos they're all in the same uni! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha kankan is in nus la...
    tsk

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, I forgot kankan not in UK! :P

    ReplyDelete