Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trepidation

You know... When you start packing, and start doing all the administrative stuff, the reality that you're leaving finally starts sinking in... you start worrying about the possibility of home-sickness and inability to assimilate into the culture. Particularly since you're gonna be the only SMU student around [scarier yet, the only Singaporean student around]. And of course, the all important, "Will i have enough money, damnnit?"

My parents are worrying about my finances. Haha, so sweet of them! I told them that the scholarship pays for $7300 [accomodation takes up more than 4k, airplane costs more than 1.5k.. so I'm left with around 1.5k for expenses and travelling. Impossible to survive with that amount!] Told my parents tt I can handle the rest. But being parents, I guess they can't help but worry lah... Expected, since that time when I went to US, I think they worried a lot about the money issue too... But then, back then I was working. Now I'm gonna go for exchange and am not allowed to work :'(

Okay, countdown! I'm left with exactly 1 week, i.e. 7 days, before I leave for Japan!!!

I have so far.. done up half a packing list, and hopefully with Anu's packing list [thanks Anu!], I can finally complete packing within the next two days *crosses fingers* Of course, there's that trip to Chinatown where I have to buy moisturizer, shower cream etc etc etc. And also to buy some Singaporean touristy stuff for my host-family, since my plans for a present got doused by the rain today. *sobs*

So many things to do, so little time, and procrastination!!!

Okay, but of course, the most important thing is: COMPLETE THE INTERNSHIP REPORT. FINISH THE INTERNSHIP REPORT BEFORE THEY DISCOUNT IT AS AN INTERNSHIP!!!!!

Which brings me to the next point... Totally unrelated to Osaka, though. haha. I sorta miss PSD. The thought of not going to work tomorrow is... well, making me feel strange. Haha, the thought of not waking up at 545am, snoozing the alarm til 630am, jumping out of the bed because I'm late makes me feel a little lost.. It's like a routine, no longer in place... And not having those gossipy talks with Siew Cheng and Patrina... And not listening to Ruby say, "我很忙!"

Haha and funny things like, seeing the Perm-Sec at least every week because we happen to go to the ladies at the same time... Or seeing Anu and end up chatting for 15min in the ladies of all places... Or playing pool (haven't played pool in 2 weeks), which reminds me, I never did say good bye to Max (awww, i love Max!). Shd have said good bye to him :'( I never said bye to Eugene either! Or Jonathan, or Fion, or ZhiYing. Oh noes, so many ppl I never said bye to because I was rushing the trend analysis report!! All my fault for procrastinating on that report :(

Other lame things that I do... Walking along the corridor on my way to the ladies and upon seeing Josh, start yelling at him, "Eh, you slacker! Slacking along the corridor again lah!" and him yelling back, "You also slacking lor!" haha. And every morning at around 1030am, get off my comfortable perch because Auntie has to vacuum my area. I think she needs to vacuum my area more than any other areas because I eat to much and the crumbs fall all over the floor (litter bug!) And of course, having lunches at Central. rarely have lunches anywhere else except twice at Sushi Don and twice at the Stingray place.. haha, found some really nice food (crepes, crepes!) there...

*sighs* I had some really fun times at PSD!!!! *sighs* Reminds me of what xz always asks me, "Do you guys actually work?!" haha. Oei, xz, dont spoil my reputation k! I got work one! just tt I know how to have fun! =p

I'm glad Suat Lay chose me for the position. haha, or else I'd never have met some of the nicest people on earth, esp Mr Greedy Tiger, whom I shall join in Tokyo, provided everything goes well. *rubs hands in glee* Can't wait to be stuffed with the delicious food that he'd be introducing us (me and his meimei). haha.

It's a sad thing to close a chapter of my life you know. It's not like the door's closed forever though. I've made a number of good friends during this internship and I *crosses fingers* hope they will last as lifetime friends.

Of course, I shall open another chapter of my life in Osaka. Now, onward to Osaka, where I'll meet loads of nice people too! =) And hopefully some damned handsome guy... haha. who's NOT short. =P JJ said to me once, "You have to increase the height limit of ur crushes." I so agree! hahahahahaha. But if my crushes's height limit is to stay at that level, then I'm sure i'd have no trouble finding cute guys in japan =P =P =P

1 comment:

  1. Aawwwwww..... we at PSD miss u too gal.. the toilet is very mty without u! :( u brought life to the loo.. hehe.. take care dear gal!

    ReplyDelete