Sunday, October 26, 2008

Baths in Japan

In my homestay home, we have a bathtub. It's rather deep. At night, Okaasan is the first one to take bath, with Wataru and Hikari. They usually take the amount of time I take to wash the dishes.

In Japan, in the bathes, they add this mineral salt tablet, to make the water seem more like the water in the onsen. The water is always set at 40degrees. So, one does what you'd do in a sento/onsen. First, you soap yourself and wash yourself cleanly. Get rid of all the soap suds. Then, you climb into the bath and relax for the next however minutes you want. The water is not let out until the next day [at least for my host family]. It's important you keep yourself and the water clean when you take your bath because other people are using the same water.

I love taking baths in Japan. I'm usually very cold even though the weather is only like 20deg. Taking baths gives me the same feeling I get when I eat mee hoon kway. I always say, "Mee hoon kway 给我幸福的感觉". When you're cold, there's nothing better than a bowl of hot mee hoon kway. :) It was also one of my last meals in Singapore. :)

Taking baths can be a bit boring. Haha. Maybe that's why there are public bathhouses. For people to go there and talk to each other... Despite the boring-ness of it... I love the feeling after you've taken a bath. Warm, fuzzy and sleepy. Hehe.

I love baths in Japan. I love baths. I love baths. :) <3

***

I'm hungry.

***

Haha, Kor said something very funny in his last mail to me. Hahahahahahaahha. I'm so amused. Yes, I'll sit around and act cute. I'll bring along my heart shaped hair pins, ribbon earrings and many many cutesy stuff. HAHAHAHAHA.

***

時に、私は本当に馬鹿だよと想う。気分はじょじょに悪い。今、泣きたい。何で?何で私はあほな人?何で?!どうしてその人のことは全然忘れない?馬鹿を見る。絶対馬鹿だろ。私は疲れた。。。いつも想うの時は疲れた。。。もういいよ。もうよろしくてよ。想い飽きた!

No comments:

Post a Comment