Friday, October 24, 2008

Daryn's House (18 Oct) and Shinto Matsuri (19 Oct)

Daryn's House (18 Oct)

It was chill out day at Daryn's homestay home. I bought some persimmons for her host parents because it's just wrong to go to someone's house without a present. I don't often go to other people's home but I'm quite sure it was drummed into me by my parents that I shouldn't go empty-handed. Actually, I forgot... Till I walked past a fruit stall with Daryn on our way to her home.. Then I recalled that I didn't have anything prepared for them! So, persimmons it was (ehem, cheapest thing that I could afford. hehe).

When I arrived, her Okaasan had guests over. So we were invited to eat cake [tiramisu! reminds me strongly of Nat. hehe, Nat! When are you going to make a tiramisu cake for me?!]. I made another Japanese friend! Haha. Megumi said, "I want to make an English-speaking friend." I said, "Me! I can be your English Speaking friend!" So, Daryn and I exchanged numbers with her. It was so funny how we make Japanese friends :P

Lunch was curry rice [huge portion]. Followed by Daifuku [a kind of wagashi]. Daifuku plus green tea. Hmm!! Delicious! haha. I know now why wagashi is eaten with ocha or matcha. It goes so well together! I liked the combination.

Was supposed to study my Japanese after that, but ended up listening to music and eating a lot of other stuff. Haha. Like wafers and jelly. :P It was a day of heavy eating lah...

Basically it was a day of slacking and slacking and more slacking.

So...

19 October

I thought to spend the entire day studying at home. But no! Every time I decide to stay in, be it on Saturday or Sunday, something has to happen that would take my time away from studying. I swear!!!

During lunch, Okaasan asked me, "Are you free today?" I said, " Maybe. Why?" and she said, "Otoosan needs a document I need you to send it over." Between sending it over myself, and taking care of Hikari when Okaasan sends it over, I'd choose sending the document over myself over that ANYTIME.

So I happily packed my bag, thinking to come back in 1/2 hour from Kyobashi. Sighs. But because my host parents are very very nice, Otoosan and I ended up at Korean Town walking around [I had no money, so couldn't buy a very nice coat I wanted that I saw at Korean Town]. And later on, went to a Shinto Matsuri, that was pretty interesting. I can't say the day was bad. It was actually quite interesting. Haha, except.. My plans to study were all destroyed. So I ended up sleeping very very early. Hence, the inability to study much over the weekend :P







































































The Shinto Matsuri has different villages(?) coming together and performing. Each village has its own cart and people who dance around the cart and on the cart. Then, they drag / push the cart [all the villagers] along the streets. Haha. It's kinda interesting. We followed one of the carts till some way before we went back :) We were only able to reach there just in time for the ending lah.. So, we didn't get to see any dances or performances. But it was still fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment