Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good friends

I have made 100% good friends here.

Amy made me take two paracetemol pills today because she said, "You sound wayyyy sick."

Ashley gave me a stick of vitamins to dissolve in the water so that it would soothe my poor lungs and my stuffy nose.

Alex keeps harping on how little I sleep and for the past few days, every day when we are in the fish tank, he'd tell me, "Go sleep lah" [yes, he uses the word 'lah'. Singaporean-wanna-be] and was trying to make me skip class today so that I could sleep more. He regrets teaching me, "死ぬほどせきがでます". "Don't say that lah!" haha.

Robbie lectured (sort of) me about how I should not have eaten that icecream on Tuesday. He said, "the cold aggravates the virus!"

My friends are really really nice people and 100% concerned about me. So thankful for the Seminar House stint during the 1st week, so that I could make friends like these =) Sighs, it'd be really sad to leave Japan, especially leaving these really really nice people...

When I left Singapore, I didn't cry. There's a very simple reason. Its because I know [or I take for granted] that the people I leave behind in Singapore will still be there when I go back. I know with about 90% certainty that they won't have disappeared to another country for the next 10 years.

But, with these friends I make here, it's like... Some people, you only get to meet once your entire life. You have great chemistry as friends, but... you'll never meet them again. Of course, there's the internet, there's email, there's long-distance calls and the possibility of visiting them when u're in their country. But, it's just not the same.

*sighs* sniffles*

P.S. Of course, the list includes Daryn, whom I hang out with every weekend. This week, we're going to nua over at her host family's house because a) I'm too bloody sick to do any walking about. i bloody need to get well. b) I'm broke, especially after buying my Shinkansen ticket to Tokyo. c) I've got 5 tests next week. listening, oral, written, entrepreneurship and another written. So, yeah, time to study this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you made tons of good friends over there =)

    ReplyDelete