Monday, October 13, 2008

Umeda Sky Building

I will update a longer post some other day. Now, I just want to go shower, and sleep.

But, this is so hilarious that I must blog about it!

Yesterday, Alex sent me a message and asked me what I was doing today, specifically. So I told him that I was going to Umeda Sky Building with the Interpreter's Guide Club, with Daryn. He asked if he could come along too, and Nami, the one in charge of this trip, said okay.

Hmm, it's really strange, but apparently, everyone in the group, except for Daryn, thought, and still think that we're a couple. Nami asked Daryn while we were walking if Alex and I were together. And, of course, Daryn told her that we weren't. But, she didn't believe it!

Well, anyways, at Umeda Sky Building, instead of staying on with the rest at the floating garden observatory (open air, and very very high up in the sky), the two of us went to the lower level. I, for one, could not stand the cold. It was evening, and very very cold, despite my acrylic jacket. So, it was necessary (for me at least) to go in. Alex, for some reason today, also felt cold. So he went inside with me. Later on, Nami called me and asked me to go back up to the observation deck. "AND, bring Alex!" she added.

So, I brought Alex, and we found all of them in front of this bench. Daryn took me aside and said, "I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen! They think that you guys are dating!" And, Alex's classmate told Alex, "All of us have tried it. You should go too. But you need another person to do this. She hasn't gone yet [pointing at me]. You have to hold hands, though." I knew something suspicious was going on, but my mouth was too full of onigiri [YES, I was eating, as usual] to properly reject. And Alex was like, "What the hell. Let's just go." So we went down the stairs to the bench.

I didn't get a video of it, because in the first place, I didn't even know what the heck was going on. But Daryn has a video of the entire thing, so I will steal the video from her and put it up here tomorrow or the day after...

The two of us sat on the bench. Apparently, it's a love-o-meter! I don't know how they test the strength of our relationship... But, each of us had to put one hand on a knob, and hold the partner's hand with the other.

Ehem, according to our love-o-meter..

WE ARE TOTALLY MADLY IN LOVE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH.

We got the "highest" love-o-meter "score" that you can possibly get. The screen below the seat had the word, "LOVE" in marquee style. [it's quite pretty, actually.] Neither Alex nor I knew what was going on of course, till we saw the video. We were just like, "WHAT? What's going on? What do all these lights and colours mean?" According to Daryn, the other guys in the group tried it with some girls but they got small yellow hearts etc. Nothing as grand as ours.

My classmates weren't around, so I probably won't get any teasing from anyone. But poor Alex. His classmate is probably going to tease him a lot about it... If he has nothing better to do.

The more I think about it, the funnier it gets.. Hahahahahahahahahahahaahah...

2 comments:

  1. "Mouth full of onigiri"
    That's so gotta be your tagline =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, actually, it should just be "mouth full of food". haha. Any kind of food. But onigiri is really convenient, desu ne? small and compact, like a bun, really. except more filling. <3 onigiris :)

    ReplyDelete