Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weather update

Everyday I must give a weather report.

It will not be a long blog entry.

Weather forecast station forecast the temperature today to be at an average of 24 degrees (much better from the 16 degrees yesterday and the 18 degrees from the day before). I like the weather today. It was bright and sunny, though a little windy. For some strange reason, I actually felt comfy in my long sleeved, cotton shirt. Not too cold. That's the first this week.

Found a way to walk to KGU from Gotenyama without the fear of getting knocked down by traffic for half of the walk. The new path I feel maybe be a little bit longer (though Daryn says it is a short cut) but it is quiet, I don't have to look out for cars, just bicycles.

I got the shock of my life this morning when my teacher said, "Vocab Quiz tomorrow". I thought she was joking in class. -__________-||| I usually don't study for vocab quizzes (since I've already done all that in Singapore before I left for Japan). But this week's VQ has words that I've never seen in my life.

The student teacher is extremely impressed with my kanji. She was like, "Your kanji is very good." I tried to explain to her in my broken japanese, "chuugoku-go wakata. dakara, kanji wakata." What a stupid sentence. It's supposed to mean, I understand Chinese, so I know kanji. Of course, I could also say dekiru (can do it)... But I don't have the grammatical structure to put my random japanese vocabulary in place.

I was walking along back to Gotenyama when I stopped by this shop to buy pear. 50yen for a pear. Don't think it's all that expensive, given that it's a rather big pear. I bought two pears for my lunch tomorrow. The owner recognised me from before. Lucia and I stopped by once, and Lucia bought pears that time (too). Plus, I'd bet my glasses play a big role in the ability to recognise me. haha. So, she said, "kyo wa, hitori?" (today, u're alone?) I said, "hai, tomodachi wa class..." [literally, it means: friend is class. what the hell was I saying?!!!] haha, then she said something to the effect of, after this, u're heading straight home? I replied, "eto, hirakata-shi... kaimono.. eto, eto... eto..." I cldnt continue. But, when I walked off, I knew I should have said, "hirakata shi de kaimono wa kaimasu." (in Hirakatashi, I will buy things). SIGHS. Only after I walked 100m down the slope did I realise that that was what I should have said. Dang. I need to have better vocab (but no more VQ.. they're so... terrible :()

Yep, that's my very short update. tata =)

3 comments:

  1. 我还以为你要客气客气一下,说自己日文不好或还可以进步。

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..dont worry. at least you managed to figure out what you should have said by yourself. anyhow now you know what to say next time =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To ashke: Haha, well, see right, I wanted to tell her actually, "I know Chinese, so it's easier for me to write Kanji." It was a form of modesty, I swear!

    To XZ: Haha, I learnt in class the next day what to say. And what I thought of saying was actually ungrammatical. :P

    ReplyDelete