Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More updates, no pictures =)

I'm very very very cold. My tolerance for cold stops at 18degrees.

According to the weather report, the highest temperature is 20deg [this is the temperature when I'm standing in the sun, wearing all black, soaking up the sun rays]. The lowest temperature is 10 deg.. You can't fault me for feeling cold. Singapore's night temperature is like 25 degrees and above! Of course, if I actually did go to Germany or USA, it'd probably be colder. I was told Ohio is now 3 degrees... A friend told me that South Korea's temperature is at 10deg.. Strange. Japan is higher up north, but it's not as cold as SK. And Birmingham, where Teddy is, is experiencing early snow. Nottingham, where Jia is, is 0 degrees. :X Thank Goodness I'm not in Europe. I'd just DIE I tell you. 死。

***
This morning, I woke up at 7.30, but because I wanted to do my readings, I only went downstairs at 930. Okaasan was worried about me. She asked me, "Shindoi?" [tired] and without waiting for me to answer, asked me with a worried look, "Byouki?" [sick] That's nice of her, right? =) But, don't worry. Although I have a slight scratchy throat, I'm 元気 [energetic]!

***
Every evening when Wataru reaches home, he'd run up the stairs, open my door to come and find me. He knows I'd be home, because I'm usually home before all of them. He usually shouts, "Ichigo-chan!!!" and I reply, "Okairi!" [welcome home]. Then, he wanders about in my room, messes with my grapefruit lip balm and then drags me off to dinner. That's so sweet, don't you think? haha. Makes me feel welcomed at home.

***

Ever since I've fallen sick, I've started to eat a whole lot more. Don't know why... I'm getting fat =( I've got a tummy now!

In Japan, I've broken quite a number of eating rules I've set myself in Singapore...

a) Don't eat after 8 - Since dinner is usually at 730 and because [some things never change] I eat super super slowly, I tend to drag till 830. :(

b) Don't eat and watch tv - the TV is always on when we're eating dinner. So I end up eating more dinner than I would usually cos the TV is distracting.

c) Don't do homework / read and eat - In school, sometimes I forget to do the readings, so I'd eat my lunch and read my readings at the same time at CIE. Very bad very bad :( Because my brain doesn't register, "I'm full" so I'll stay hungry even after I've finished the whole onigiri.

d) Don't eat a heavy dinner - Because breakfast and dinner are provided, those are my heaviest meals. For breakfast, I calculate at least 400 calories. And dinner is maybe about 800 calories or more, since Okaasan always gives me huge portions. Huge dinners = bad.

e) Don't finish the entire dinner if u cannot - because I eat everything that is put in front of me, I tend to overeat and feel stuffed every evening. That's why, usually in Singapore, on MSN, I'd say "I'm hungry" by 11pm. But in Japan, I only say it if I stay up till 1am or 2am..

f) Don't sleep immediately after a meal - Sometimes, when I'm home early, I'd eat lunch at around 330, and then go straight to sleep till 7pm. And then eat another big dinner. Hahahahaha. Greedy me.

Sighs, I need to re-establish my rules. And FOLLOW them. No wonder I'm developing a tummy. No wonder my favourite jeans has become a bit tighter. *sighs*

***
I managed to complete kor's scarf. Stopped knitting for two weeks or so till I remembered that next week I'm meeting Kor in Tokyo already! Haha. So hurried up and finished it. It's short. :( But then... I think it's warm. And a bit girly. HAHAHAHA. I think he won't wear it, but I'll MAKE him. HAHAHAHAHA.

And now, for Jie's scarf. I'm so not gonna be able to make it in time, I think. =X

***
Some people feel the need to apologise for not reading my blog. Haha, I find it so strange! I don't expect people to read my blog constantly, though I update it constantly. It's not like you guys are very free like that, to constantly check on my blog. Even I also don't constantly check my friends' blog during the week. Maybe only during the weekend, and then I'd catch up on what they've blogged about.

My blog fulfills a few purposes: a) To let my family (especially) and friends know that I'm well, and what I'm doing in Japan so they won't worry. b) To serve as a possible guide for other people. So, with the photos I upload, they can decide whether or not they wanna visit the place. c) Most importantly, its my means of keeping a diary. That's why I tend to update to often. Because it's a diary to me. When I return to Singapore, I will look back on my entries, read them, and remember the beautiful time here.

So, please do not feel obliged to come and read my blog. If on MSN, or facebook chat, or emails I ask you, "Did u read my blog about XXX?" it's usually to see if you know what I'm referring to. And not to scream at u if you didn't read my blog ["How dare you! Don't you treat me as your friend?"]. No lah, I'm not so evil. Hahahah.

Though, of course, anyone who's reading this usually reads my blog. So, this is actually the wrong place to say this in, ne? hahahahaha.

2 comments:

  1. haha..the Wataru story is so sweet. you are really fitting in well with this family =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, isn't he! <3 I like Wataru when he's not being a bully. Haha. Hmm, fitting well with the family ah.. Haha, it's sort of... well, debatable. =) But children are easy to get along. Though my language barrier totally frustrates me because I can't tell them not to do something... :X I can only tell them to sit down, eat, close the door, return my stuff, and stop crying. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete