Thursday, September 18, 2008

...にいきたい!

I am very very tired. Although I can follow okay in class today, I was still very very tired. Kept yawning like crazy. But, I slept 6 hours! Ever since I've come to Japan, everyday is a tiring day for me :( *sighs* 疲れた! [tsukareta = tired] Must be the excitement everyday, wondering what Okaasan will cook for dinner for us...

Typhoon No. 13 is expected to approach Kansai area. We're expecting the typhoon either tomorrow, saturday or sunday. It's been raining rather heavily these past few days, and we expect heavy wind, plus heavy rain. Maybe no lessons tomorrow! [fat hope] This is the great thing about being forced to watch news in the morning. I know (very roughly) what's going on... Especially about Lehman Brothers and AIG (which I would otherwise not have known a single bit about).

Wanted to visit Nara on Saturday, but due to the expected typhoon, Prof Kenney advised me not to visit it this weekend. Although, there is a Kannon exhibition that I wanna go so badly :( It ends next week though. Masayuki (who's never been to Nara!!! He lives here, my goodness, and has never been to Nara!!!) is going to accompany me and Daryn on Tuesday (which is another public holiday). He has a friend living in Nara who will be bringing us around. Well, better than wasting our time just wandering around like we did in Kyoto. Haha, the trip to Nara will be bloody expensive. Transport easily will cost SGD30. So I don't wanna waste my time wandering around... However, I've not discussed this new development with Daryn yet. So, hopefully it'd all work out. Cos, there's an international Manga exhibition at the Manga Museum in Kyoto that she, her friend and I all wanna go. Afterwards, go to Nijo Castle (near Manga Museum). The point of Nijo Castle is to see /hear the Singing staircase. Haha, it'd be so exciting! But!!! We expected to go Nara on Saturday, and them to the Manga Museum on Tuesday and me to Kobe on Tuesday with Masayuki. But I was whining about Typhoon No. 13 to Masayuki this evening before dinner, so he offered to change from Kobe to Nara (transport to both areas cost alot anyways, so makes no diff to me except Daryn wld prefer to go Nara to Kobe. It's only the glutton me that wants to go eat the Kobe beef).

I've yet to upload pictures of the Welcome Party yesterday and the Kyoto Trip. But seeing how tired I am, and how many Japanese quizzes we've had this week... I think it's safe to say, I'll do it tomorrow instead. Cos it's gonna be a very long post!!!

Yep, erm, I guess that's it! I'll cover myself with the thick comforter tonight! Every morning, when I wake up, I wear my long sleeves and long pants because it's so cold! Okaasan keeps laughing at me cos I keep saying, "ちょっと寒い" [chotto samui = a little cold].

I'm starting to include hiragana and kanji [and possibly katakana, if the occasion requires it] into my blogposts, cos I think it's important to practise my japanese :)

私は奈良にいきたい! [this means, I want to go to Nara. It's pronounced: watashi wa nara ni iki tai].

I haven't learnt that sentence structure yet in class, but a very nice girl Aska (her name means smell of tomorrow.. interesting name eh?) taught me that sentence structure today. Haha, I really owe it to a lot of people to improve my Japanese because they try so hard to correct me, yet I constantly make mistakes... I do realise that I rely too much on Daryn too to translate stuff for me.. haha.. especially at the Welcome Party yesterday.. Oh wells.

日本語はとても難しい![means: Japanese is very difficult, pronounced: nihongo wa totemo mutsukashii] でも、がんばります![means: but I will do my best, pronounced: demo, gambarimasu].

On 22 October, there is the Jidai Matsuri (festival), one of the three biggest Matsuris in Kyoto. :) It's also the last BIG Matsuri. I've got the SPJ Oral Exam on that day, but I changed it to 21 October because I just cannot miss it! I also applied for leave from Prof Steven's class on 22 October. He said, "You go and do whatever you need to do. Just make sure you do the work for that lesson." haha, he's so nice, isn't he? :)

And, I will contact Prof Scott, so that I can go to Hiroshima with his Japan-China relations class to listen to an A-bomb survivor, to visit the peace centre, and to go and find the Meiji Emperor's grave. hahahahahahahaha. So exciting! Eventually, I will also visit a, erm, Zen temple (?) with Prof Kenney (or maybe by myself!) and recite the Heart Sutra for fun.

Sighs, the problem being... Do I have time? I'm so afraid that time is slipping by me. =( there are only so many weekends! :(

Typhoon, pls go away! Cos Huey really wants to go out and play! :( Unless, the kami wants me to stay at home and 勉強します (benkyooshimasu = study). sighs. and yes, there are more than 30 pages of reading for issues class on monday due [30 x 2 = 60 pages, cos he printed two pages in one page]...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I want more time, I want more time!

I was thinking, I need more time in Japan to strengthen my Japanese. It's gonna just deteriorate when I return home because... well, I just cannot speak Japanese with anyone. And it's not like I'm exposed to Japanese every single day, like I am here. For goodness sake, I have SPJ classes EVERY SINGLE DAY here! :( sighs... And my pronounciation will suck, cos here, at least ppl correct my pronounciation...

Can I stay for one more semester???? :'( [obviously, the answer is no lah! like duh..., but I still can dream, can't i?] hahahahahahaha.

4 comments:

  1. Move there and stay on as an illegal immigrant, hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... you can speak Japanese with all the Japanese students who'll be here next term! my buddy, and the 7 or 8 other Japanese exchange students.

    がんばりますね! I was learning Kansai accent from my buddy and here's sth interesting:

    English: So cute you know!
    Tokyo: チョかわいいよ!cho kawaii yo
    Kansai: メチャかわいいな!mecha kawaii na

    So cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. be illegal alien?
    haha
    at least you'll be there for a sem..
    i wanna go korea practise my korean also cannot.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. To ashke: I want to live here properly lah! haha.

    To Fiona: Heh. I like Kansai ben :)

    To Cher: Hmm, I still think there SHOULD be a way to get out of Singapore to Korea. haha. Living there would be fantastically fun I feel...

    ReplyDelete