Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pictures that will take 10,000,000 years to load.

They took my laptop, did some bloody stupid thing on it, NOW, I cannot access to WIRELESS nor can I access to LAN. !(%&^)$_^*$. Am very very very pissed off now. So I'm using the comp lab internet in the Dormitory. Have to leave for General Briefing in 1 hours time, so I hope these load quickly! Here are the long awaited pictures! <3>


When I first arrived, this was the way my room was laid out. There are 3 futons, cos 3 roommates. It's pretty small, tatami mat of 6. But, I'll be outta there, so bigger space for the rest of my roommates ;) Erm, guess which futon's mine? haha.








The kitchen area (where we're not supposed to cook!!), the shower that I was talking about and the living room area. I spend a lot of time at the living room area cos that's where our dorm girls hang out. Haha. and I laze about on the sofa quite often!


The very long walk into KGU from the entrance. haha, very very very long walk. Like maybe 10-15minutes. Plus it's up the slope, which makes it for even more difficult walking, especially when you're late, like we were yesterday for the Welcome Ceremony.





Cafeteria :) Empty because I sneaked in yesterday and it was closed off due to preparations for the Welcome Dinner last night. The 2nd picture: you put the tray on the conveyor belt, it goes in and you said, "Arigatogozaimasu" to the obasan who's cleaning the plates inside.



KGU. Beautiful brick red buildings right? I love the fountain. It's really pretty =)





This is the view from my room (okay, from Amy's room, but then, still the same lah.) Haha. very very quaint houses, don't you think? Old styled... They always say Japanese Houses are small... I don't know, I never had a house in Singapore so I can't compare! =)


Pictures of my new found friends! haha.

On the left is Netto, the first person I talked to. He was sitting on the right side of the bus and I was sitting on the left. Then when we got off, we started talking to each other. How weird right? haha, but he was very gentlemanly and helped me carry my bag all the way from Sem House 4 to Sem House 3 (which is quite a distance, believe me). In the middle is Sun-chen (?). I can't pronounce his name, so I call him Sunshine! He's like 1.5x my height! On the right is Ann, my roommate! :)




See? Sunshine is like a full shoulder and head taller than I am! Haha. And I think I look very china-girl in this picture. Haha, like some country bumpkin or something.. :P Apparently, Sunshine's height is normal for his country (South Africa). What do they eat there?!!!! When we walk, the Japanese people always stare at him cos he's so bloody tall!
















The left picture is of Ashley, posing with my higasa (the parasol!) haha. I don't think you can truly appreciate its small-ness until you see it lah. In this picture, it looks quite big. But it's really tiny!!!

The middle picture: That's Ann, Daryn and me! =) I love Daryn and Ann! haha.
The right is Alex. We met through Ann. It was total randomness at the Cafeteria. Yesterday, during dinner, we whipped out our cameras and found that our cameras were more or less the same model and our camera bags are almost the same too! Erm, that led to this photo, where I took a picture of him taking a picture of me. :)








Amy! I love Amy! She's from UK. And she's HILARIOUS. Haha, she's so cute in personality :)

The middle picture is of my teddy that had an accident at the airport but safely arrived in Osaka due to a magnificent stroke of luck, and tan-chan, Daryn's racoon :)

The right is a picture of Yuki and me! Haha, during dinner yesterday, I was looking high and low for the strawberry mousse. And then, eventually found it, right on Yuki's table. I keep meeting Yuki. Bumped into him yesterday at least 4 times! haha. We kept saying, "Ja, matta ashita" (see you tomorrow) and we said it for at least 5-6 times cos I wouldn't leave due to all the good food (haha, so expected of me).

And because I was looking for the strawberry and wouldn't leave w/o eating another 2 cups of strawberry mousse, Daryn named me, "Ichigo-chan" (Ichigo means strawberry) So now Yuki and Daryn are calling me Ichigo-chan, and the rest of the world calls me "Huey" and no one calls me "Hui Wen" anymore. Haha, which is just fine lah.

Maybe Prof Kenney will call me Hui Wen. She speaks rather fluent Chinese (and Japanese of course). She was sooooooooo excited when I said, "I'm a Soka Gakkai member" and she was like, "Yes! Can you come and speak to the class about your experiences in Soka in Singapore?" and I'm like, "okay, if you want..." *thank goodness I took pictures of the Chapter Friendship Meeting.. haha. She's really cool! She teaches Shintoism, Zen, Religion in Japan, Japanese Buddhism etc. She wanted me to audit Religion in Japan instead of Japanese Buddhism because she said I'd learn more things that I don't know. But I told her I need to understand the fundamentals of Buddhism anyways, so she's like, "Okay, then take Japanese Buddhism. Don't take both. You need to explore Japan. Don't sit in the classroom all the time" (cos she saw my schedule, which is FILLED). She's a very very very nice woman!!! haha. I like my audit prof already!

Old tiger / Batman! Your sidekick finally got to eat melon here, and you were right! It was wonderful. So I ate an entire melon. Tadah! Here's a picture of me and my melon-eating experience:

Erm, maybe you cant see very clearly. But that's more than 10 melon strips. Okay.. It was free! So I thought, rather than eating it outside, might as well just devour them while I can, and while no one else seems to want the food. :) It's addictive. I hate melon, but this tastes wonderful! :) Japanese melons (according to Daryn) are a cross between cantaloup (okay, my spelling sucks) and honeydew. :) So they're really soft and juicy and sweet. I can't explain how wonderful it is. You just have to buy a Japanese melon! =P
Yep, that concludes my photo blog post. When I can, I'll upload pictures onto facebook. Of course I've got more pictures than this, but these are selected! =) hehe.
Okay, 5 minutes to changing, eating, brushing teeth and going to school.
Ja, matta ne! (see ya)
P.S.: Pa, if you're reading this: Mommy said you sent me an email, but I can't find it in my mailbox. Did you send to the wrong email address? My email is: hueywoon.2005@business.smu.edu.sg
Take care of yourselves :) I'm having fun in Japan, so don't worry. Everything's going just fine! :)

3 comments:

  1. As expected, all we see are food. Hahah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOOD :D

    melons!!
    smuggle some melons back gal ;)

    haha
    omg.. ur south african friend is very tall!! i think im only at his belly.. hah since im even shorter than u... :P

    take good care n stop stuffing urself w onigiri only!! hahah
    BALANCED DIET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to ashke: haha, you know me :P

    to cher: haha, I wish I could smuggle. they're wonderfully delicious. and yes, sunshine is horribly tall. haha, I'm getting sick of onigiri now. hahahahahahahahaha. okaasan makes sure I have a balanced diet, so its okay :)

    ReplyDelete