Saturday, September 13, 2008

The phone-getting that failed

Masayuki was very very funny last night. So, I was awake at 1230, chatting on MSN and checking stuff online when he came home from work. While preparing his dinner, he came into my room and said, "I'm going to eat dinner, will you come down and talk with me please?" I blinked for a while and then said, "Okay desu". Haha. Later he told me, "It's lonely to eat alone." [samishi desu ne?] I agree, it's kinda sad to eat alone sometimes, especially when it's so late at night. He'd been working the entire day, can't help it if he wasn't in time for dinner, right?

Anyways, we were telling each other about our day. Of course, I told him about my experience (or rather, Daryn's experience) at Softbank and whined about how I would have to get the phone by myself today. Almost immediately, he offered, "ishoniikimasu." [let's go together, or something similar] To which I said, "Don't you have to work tomorrow?" And he said, "Only at 5pm." Haha. Instantly, I responded, "Onegaishimasu!"

On Wednesday, Masayuki was supposed to go for the dental surgery. So, he asked me to wake him up at 7am. I called him up once, he acknowledged my presence and went back to sleep. Called him again, the same thing happened. Finally I stood in front of the door till he stood up. haha. reminds me so much of my brother!!! haha. Except, for my brother, I rarely have the patience to wait tt long. haha. Poor brother, yes I know. :P

Since his hobby, as he freely admits, is sleeping, I was amazed to see him up at 1030a.m.! We left the house at 1.30p.m. after lunch and after watching Nodame and Galileo on TV. Yes, I had to come to Japan to watch Nodame (the very show that poor Teddy Bear is addicted to). Cldnt understand much of it though, cos unlike crunchyroll, Japan TV has no subtitles, nor does it have dual sound. Oh wells.

Apparently, all the Softbanks are out of prepaid :( both the shop that I was at yesterday and the Softbank shop. I think either Daryn got the last one, or she got ONE of the last ones. haha. Totally disappointed! Was so looking forward to owning my workable phone in Japan! :( So people can contact me easily. *sighs* Not fair, not fair! Well, at least Alex has the same problem :P

In order to appease me, Masayuki accompanied me shopping. Well, in the first place, we were planning on shopping after getting the phone. We stopped by Sally (this shop inside the Mall that we were at). I fell in love with 2 skirts. Well, actually was planning on bringing a skirt to Japan, but then decided otherwise. Totally regretted it because I saw how kawaii the other girls were in mini-skirts and long socks. So, while shopping, I chanced upon two cute skirts:

Okay, well, from this angle, it doesnt look all that cute. But trust me, it is! Erm, maybe I should amend that. Trust Masayuki! I tried both on and showed him and he said they were cute too. Though he liked the one on the right better, and I think I like the one on the left better. But no matter, I got both of them! =)

Then, he held up this fantasically cool combination of 3 shirts! haha. And told me, "This will look good on you" [not in that sentence exactly, but the meaning is about the same]. Yeah, well, the shirts are rather plain, but the combination makes it look very japanesey, together with the skirt, high socks and shoes... haha.


It's the ones on the left, plus the green one on the right. I was mixing and matching the clothes just now, after washing them. Which reminds me, Okaasan almost scared me to death this morning when she said, "Does the dryer work when you use it? I think it's broken." Thank goodness it was a simple case of overloading the dryer, so it couldn't move. I thought I'd destroyed it or something... So anyways, pls be prepared to see more hiao pictures of myself. HAHAHAHAHAHA.


We also shopped for Masayuki's wallet hook. But couldn't find a satisfactory one. He brought me to a used clothes shop. wellllllllllllllllllllllllll, as u can guess, it wasn't very cheap either. But, to him, I think it really is yasui! Means, in general, clothes here are really really really takai (expensive). Haha, BUT, I found a present for him for his birthday. At least, he told me tt he wanted that but had no money to buy it. I shall get it as his birthday gift, provided he doesnt go and get it himself! :( Now I need to think of Yuko's birthday gift. *sighs* I dont even know what she wants. We don't go out together cos she's always going for tennis practice :( Oh wells. There's still time (erm, 2 weeks!)

After our fruitless shopping (fruitless for him, fruitful for me!), we ended up at the 6th floor, at the Print Club machines! [aka neoprint in Singapore] For some super strange reason, Prof Tracy wanted us to take Print Club pictures as our assignment -___-||| So, I had to take the pictures.. 400yen... Tadah! It's not very clear lah and I don't have a scanner to scan the pictures. But, it was really really fun to decorate the pictures! hahahahahahaha. pls click on the picture to enlarge if u can't see the pictures clearly :) I think they're all so cute, especially the one on the bottom left! haha.

And this is a picture of Masayuki in the train. He did that on purpose!!! He gave me that look on purpose when I took the picture! haha, how silly.






This is a picture that I forgot to upload. It's the omiyage (present/souvenir) from my speaking partner, Mio. Ann says it's creepy looking. I just think it's cute. haha. It's pink! And hanging from my pink wallet. What more can I ask for, right? :P



Today's dinner was erm, barbeque. There were 4 different types of meat (and I cant remember them at all). Okaasan offered Kirin beer to me. I think I'm developing an allergic reaction to it this instant. My face is itching :( I desperately hope not to wake up tmr and see red splotches on my body! :( Only one small small small glass. So, I guess shouldn't be a problem. If it does have a problem, there's always YK's medicine to count on. Haha, I was telling Daryn, "I have medicine to counter allergies. Anti-hispanics." HAHAHAHAHAHAAH. That is so politically incorrect I tell you. In the end, we established that it's anti-histamines, NOT anti-hispanics. Daryn was so amused she wrote it down as a quote from me... Anyways, also drank lemon soda without sugar (*shudders*) and lemon drink (not diluted at all, *double shudder*) I love the ocha here though. And the mai-cha [barley tea]. It's very very fragrant and light. <3 I finally have pictures of my otoosan. :) Here he is! Otoosan was rather uncomfortable with me taking a picture of him. Then Okaasan was like, "Let her take. She's always like this. Keeps taking photos." haha. So in the end, he agreed! =) And in the second picture, there's Wataru, Okaasan and Hikari :) Yuko arrived sometime after we started, and Masayuki was working, so not in the picture. So now, I've uploaded the pictures of all the family members of Karita household! =)

***

Pa and Mummy will be very proud of me! I offer to wash the plates almost every night (except for the first few nights cos I didn't know how to open my mouth). I clean the table and the stove. haha, I also do my own laundry (no, I don't do their laundry!!! of course not!) and entertain little children. 100% on best behaviour, I swear! hehe, so I don't embarrass my own family and let Otoosan and Okaasan think I 没家教. So not to worry, I'm always on my best behaviour in here =)

***

I compared the colour of my face with the colour of my hand. And, surprise surprise! My face is darker. For the simple reason: I don't use sunblock, and I wear long sleeves. When I go out, I'm too lazy to apply sunblock, and I carry an umbrella that does not block out UV rays (yeah, well.. that's the price u pay for buying cheap things, ne?) so my face is darker than the rest of my body. At the same time, because I'm fearful of the sun (and the likelihood of freckles which are quite visible on my face now), I wear long sleeves and long pants to protect my body. Sighs. Must start wearing hiyakedome (sunblock) from now on! :(

***

In case u're interested, the contract between Karita household and me states my curfew is at 12midnight. But I never reach home later than 7pm. Haha, for the simple reason: DINNER. :P

***

Received a super sweet msg from my tiger korkor! wah, I feel so touched after reading it. hehe! that definitely makes skipping ONE vocabulary quiz on 10 Nov worth it :P and yes, I AM going to skip one day of SPJ and Issues classes. Already have it all planned out. Gaidai Foundation Day is on 11 Nov. So, it's a holiday for us. I'll skip classes on Monday, 10 Nov. So, I have from 7 Nov (evening) till 11 Nov (afternoon) to stay in Tokyo with Verra and Kor! haha. Is that cool or what? And, don't worry about the Vocab Quiz lah. As long as I don't fall sick, and don't miss any classes, Sensei'll drop my absent score from the calculation. If not, I'll just make sure I get 10/10 for every vocab quiz I have to make up for that missing vocab quiz on 10 Nov. I'll even inform Naito Sensei that I won't be going for classes, so she won't wonder where the hell I am. haha. Tokyo, tokyo, tokyo here I come in November. hehe.

8 comments:

  1. jie. what is your email address. i add u
    by the way, pa and mum thinking of going to australia this december. i will get something for you. just don't know what u might want
    i will of course take lots of photos and load it into my blog. will keep u updated of anything major.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, Shiho LOVES Uniqlo and she says that the Kuzuha Mall outlet is special cos their prices are lower than other Uniqlo shops(!!). Heheh. I suspect I'll be going there for winterwear and not cute skirts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAH, your neo prints very funny!

    Anti-hispanics... ANTI-HISPANICS... *facepalm* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My god you're planning on skipping class??? That's AWESOME WAHAHAHAHA.

    I just realized that i bookmarked your first blog so i didnt know u wrote so much in-between T_T.

    Talk to you soonnnnnnnnnnn

    Love, me Nat =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiao pics! =))

    and... anti-hispanics.... hehehe
    anyway, my msn keeps logging off for the past few days. Aggravating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To KY: Eh, hueywoon.2005@business.smu.edu.sg haha, they didn't tell me, but hope u guys'll enjoy urselves, like I am enjoying here in Japan :)

    To Fiona: haha, are u sure?! makes me wanna go Kuzuha and wipe their store dry :P But, winterwear only for wintertospring. then, there's summer wear later on! :P

    To ashke: yes, very cute neoprints right? haha, there're 2 others that I've not shown...

    To Nat: now u can read all of them. hahahahahaha. ME, skip classes? Unimaginable right? :P

    To YK: I need people to help me take my hiao pictures! Cant take a full length picture of myself =( hmm, ur MSN hates u? and I cant help it that I forgot the name anti-histamines! btw, I think ur medicine is banned in japan. *whoops* but nevermind lah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. see told ya. nodame is NICE!!!!
    hahahaha

    Anti-hispanics?? GAL!!! LOL
    tt was so funny!!! -_____-lll


    uniqlo... my uniqlo~~~ hahahaha
    ignore the dress. get the hoodies. hoodies are impt cos they keep me warm.. hahahaha now is A/W collection le? or having S/S sales

    ReplyDelete
  8. to cher: autumn collection already. winter's not out yet. Winter is not due till november I think. And, WHAT KEEP U WARM? Singapore very cold meh? haha.

    ReplyDelete