Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kyoto Imperial Palace - 16 Nov

This week, I have 4 tests. So, on Sunday, after only 3 hours of sleep, I wasn't really looking forward to go out to Kyoto Imperial Palace. But, Daryn and I are only left with a few days of wandering around Japan together, so I decided to not be so lazy and go and meet her.

Both of us actually intended to only stay in Kyoto till 11am, and then go back home cos I have a test and she has a presentation the next day. But, both of us reached home only at 6pm. Haha, you know what they say about best laid plans.

We were at Kyoto Imperial Palace to watch a Japanese soccer game. I don't know exactly the name of it. It was raining rather heavily today, so both Daryn and I got dripped on, even though we each had an umbrella. I've got some pictures and many videos of the soccer game. Haha. I'll upload the rest on facebook. Too many to show lah. Blogger requires me to upload them 5 at a time, while Facebook allows me to upload everything at once.

On the palace grounds, Daryn and I saw the reddest tree ever.















It's so... red!















Compare the one on the left with the one on the right. Haha, the one on the left is the tree that Daryn was standing under in the previous picture. See the contrast in colour?

We finally found the soccer game place after wandering around for maybe half an hour...















They started off the entire game with a really elaborate one step by one step bowing to the ball. Each of them walked a certain path, and then took their positions, while the next followed. Really interesting! haha.















And then they play. I have no idea how they calculate the scores. Haha. It's really strange to watch guys in traditional clothing kicking a ball around...















At the end of the game, they must bow to the ball too. This is one of the females in the game. I think we saw only 3 females out of the many who were in the game.

We didn't stay till the end of the game because both of us were being dripped on. It was like Kurama-hi Matsuri all over again, except this time we got some pictures of what we were there for.

Also, the Palace itself (not only the grounds) was open to the public! So, we ended up wandering around the well-kempt Palace. For FREE =)


































It's a bit misty because it was just after rain. [Still drizzling a little bit actually]











































All 3 colours! =)















I was taking dew drops. Came out pretty well...















I think this is one of the prettiest pictures. And it has both her and me in it. Haha. =)















And randomly walking in the imperial palace grounds landed us in one of those small ulu-ated shrines that no one ever visits except us who get lost. I swear, the amount of times we find ourselves at beautiful places when we get lost is uncountable.















I love pictures with the sky and the trees. I think it's so pretty.




















I think I spent at least one hour here with Daryn talking about something really important. No, really. It was important personal stuff.

Thereafter, we went on our way from Marutamachi to Sanjo Station, where we stopped by a playground and for the first time in AGES, sat on a swing that could handle my weight. =)




















Pretty yellow tree behind her. :)




















Daryn looks so happy, doesn't she? :)















I like this picture of me, because I look so utterly carefree and relaxed.

By the time we were done, it was about 1.30 by the time we left and both of us were hungry. I only ate half a sandwich in the morning cos I was more sleepy than hungry. So... I suggested to Daryn, "Let's go eat a proper lunch at a restaurant."

I swear, she was so happy I think she could cry.

Usually when we go out, either I'd make lunch for her (usually ham and cheese sandwich), or I'd make her bring food out. Cos, restaurants are really expensive in Kyoto (or Osaka, or Tokyo). But that day, I was too tired to make anything. And I didn't want her to starve to death before reaching home.

Haha, she tries her best to convince me to eat at a restaurant and have a good, proper lunch/dinner but I'd refuse everytime. So it totally shocked her today when I volunteered.

We ended up at the restaurant which Alex and I went the last time I went to Kyoto Imperial Palace.

We were ushered to a table just beside the mirror. Daryn said, "I can't believe we're sitting beside a mirror and you're not primping yourself" when I was poring over the menu. Haha, that's quite telling about me, isn't it? The narcissist. I replied, "Eh, that's cos I'm hungry. Wait after I order, then I'll start primping."

Tadah....






























Haha, one of those, "I'm so narcissist no one can beat me" kinda picture.















And a "I'm talking about serious stuff here" look :)















Haha, too many pictures of me, not enough of her...

It was a good restaurant too. not one of those ramen stalls or cheap curry rice stalls.




















I feel that the portions are HUGE. =( So, as usual, could not finish. Daryn couldn't stand rice being unfinished, so she finished everything else for me too. Haha. I swear, people who go out to eat with me eventually get fatter =P

Wanted to try some dessert at the place, but it was a bit too expensive for our taste. So, we headed to Kappa Sushi to have our dessert (coconut cake for me, and chocolate cake for her). Only 105 yen what. Haha.




















Super lame~




















I was really really really really tired by then actually... =X Haha~

At Kappa Sushi, we also planned out the rest of our weeks together. So, we've got activities planned out for every single day of the weekends except for this coming weekend. I kinda feel like skipping classes on Friday. It'd be a Friday ~ Monday holidays. 4 day weekend!!! I'm so exhausted every single day now, I really don't know what's wrong with me. *sighs* But of course, there's Kanji test every Friday. If I skip it, then next week, I can't skip it already =( *sighs* let me consider the options. After all, I'm left with only 3 weeks to skip lessons.

Haha, me skipping lessons (again)? Impossible! =P

On my list still to go: Mount Hiei [Tendai School, where Nichiren, Dogen and Shinran broke off. Haha. I shall see how to get there]

2 comments:

  1. ER. It's not pimping, but primping. It's kinda a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it. My english really sucks. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete