Wednesday, November 5, 2008

lalalala












Link

As everyone knows by now, Obama won the elections. Federowicz was showing us this video about KFC and globalization when he stopped the video and showed us the elections results. Let's just hope better days come after Bush. Obama is indeed charismatic. I caught glimpses of his election speeches on TV a few days ago, and it was inspiring, if not rather hegemonic. I guess, those things Americans wanna hear, like I will restore America to glory blah di blah di blah. Hmm, don't you kinda feel sorry for Bush? It must really suck to be one of the most hated people on earth... Or the most blamed person...

***

Some bloody stupid bicycle slammed into me today. I was walking down the little lane when this freaking STUPID cyclist cycled behind me. I heard him, so I moved left [I was wayy closer to the left]. I don't understand his freaking logic lah. He was trying to squeeze past my left. I mean, HOW WAS IT GONNA BE POSSIBLE I HAVE NO IDEA. THERE WASN'T EVEN ENOUGH SPACE FOR HIM TO GO PAST. And thus, HE SLAMMED RIGHT INTO ME. My lower back hurts like hell now lah. He DID NOT EVEN APOLOGISE FOR SLAMMING INTO ME LAH, THAT FREAKING BASTARD.

I'm super pissed off. ARG. Worse, if anything really bad happens to me, I can't go sue the guy cos I dont even know his name and I didnt even see his face. STUPID. >(

***

Last night, Alex said, "I've got a joke to tell you" and ran out of the CIE building. -___-||| So, today I asked him for the joke. He said, "You know, your host family heats up frozen food for dinner, right? Here's what my aunt (from philippines) would say, 'You should cook your family.'"

I was like, "What ??? What??? Why???"

And he continued, "dinner."

Haha, the joke is.. Filippinos pause at the wrong places, thus, it gives off a complete different meaning. Haha. He also told me stories about this Primary school teacher, who was a Physical Education teacher, and a substitute for English, Spanish and you name it. In his test, the question was, "If you go to sleep with your hair wet, you will go blind. True or False."

The answer? "True".

HAHAHAHA, No wonder I've got such bad eyesight. I sleep with wet hair!! Maybe it's true, after all. :P

He has quotes from me written on his homework too. I actually forgot I said it till he quoted back at me, "I'm Singaporean. That's what I do! Test people!" hahahaha.

***

I bought a snack for 18yen! It's even cheaper than SGD$0.30! Haha. There's an even cheaper one for 9yen, but I figured I needed some more calories, seeing today was a super rushed day. It was... Lesson at 11-12, meeting from 12-1, lesson from 1-2.20, meeting from 2.30-4, class from 4-5.30. I barely had time to eat anything. =X so when I reached home, I rushed for the toaster and toasted a sandwich. Half of it had black soybean spread (it's the BEST spread ever. I swear! I'm not lying! Better than peanut butter, but then, I hate peanut butter] and the other half had anko. I hope dinner comes back soon. =( It's 7.40, no sign of dinner.

***

Yesterday I was very hungry, even though I had a late late lunch. While waiting for udon and rice, I ended up eating milk chocolate spread from the jar. When Okaasan saw it, she asked, "what? only that?" And I replied, "Yep. It's sweet." I don't think it's very strange leh.. At home, We eat peanut butter from the jar too.

***

Today, I went to school with my beret, maroon tie, and two black shirts, paired with jeans. I thought I looked a little strange, but apparently, the combination works well. For the first time, Fang Yu said, "you look good" [in chinese of course] and it wasn't in a joking manner. He was amazingly serious. I bumped into Amy and she said, "AHHHHHHHHH, totally cute. It's so french and chic!" Wadey told me in class, "The first thing I noticed was the hat. The entire outfit looks pulled together". Yes, I'm a total narcissist. *sticks out my tongue* It's not my fault that people give me compliments that I remember and type it down in this blog, is it? :P I must keep all these in mind, cos when I get old, no one's gonna say, "You look totally chic". Haha.

***

If anyone has access to this video, you should watch it. "The Great Happiness Space" about the mizu shobai [water trade i.e. night-time entertainment industry] and host clubs.

***

I love sweets. I'm so going to get myself another packet of sweets. Haha, having sweets can make me oh-so-happy. :) In a single day, I finished my entire packet of sweets without sharing. Daryn has some matcha milk sweets from Uji. And she rations it out whenever we go out. She has to do it, or else, I'd devour it all up. Haha. When it comes to food, I have no self-control. *sighs*

5 comments:

  1. hey! i've watched tt video on recommendation by seok.... great happiness space... it's actually one of my favourite videos... i wonder why. More than once I just rewatched it for no reason... but i think Issei is really charismatic

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya can i ask, do the japanese watch that video? cos it was intended as a foreign documentary, that's why all the people inside were so forthcoming and talking freely about things right? I thought it would be quite detrimental to Issei if the video got into Japanese mainstream....


    Btw how is your back? Are u alright?? the stupid cyclist!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. it's a great documentary. Issei is very scary. My prof asked us, "is he handsome" and we all said, "no". There must be something about him... haha. and the japanese kids in my class watched. I think it is gonna be detrimental to Rakkyo in general. Poor Issei. I think he was brave though.

    My back is okay, just a bruise. BUT I AGREE. Stupid cyclist. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch.
    hope ur back's ok :S

    booboo
    stick the huge plaster for muscle aches!!!
    haha

    damn stop talking abt ur clothes and not putting pics!!! i cant imagine so hahah i want pics!!! i love autumn winter fashion :X sobz

    ReplyDelete
  5. are u kidding me? feel sorry for bush? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

    ReplyDelete