Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weather, weather, weather

For some strange reason, the temperature plunged from the day before. Monday, the highest was 20. Yesterday, the highest was 15. Today, the highest is 10. Tomorrow, it's expected to be 6-7. Isn't that a sharp drop??? And, the lowest last night was 4. Tonight, it's expected to be 2.

Hiroto, this guy who was my speaking partner during the SPJ class, told me over lunch today that he thinks it might snow in Dec-Jan.

I'm not looking forward to it. My fingers are cold all the time now. It's like having put them in a fridge. Worse, Kyoto, where I'm planning to go during the weekends, is much colder than Hirakata.

I've been eating quite heavy meals nowadays. Hmm, maybe it's because of the cold, but I cannot stop eating. And strangely, it's not because I'm hungry. I just can't stop eating. If you put three bowls of rice in front of me (like Okaasan did yesterday), I'd finish all up. And not feel full after that. But, the point is, I'm not hungry, at all! That's amazingly weird. Arh... The weather is playing havoc with my metabolism. =X

Lucia and Orrin tell me that I should take a cold shower. Then I won't feel so cold... *shudders* I mean, I understand the logic, but I can't bring myself to do it... I think... I'd catch pneumonia first.

Actually, the only warm place I can find is the school! Haha, at least they don't scrimp on heaters in school, so it's actually relatively warm. =) I find refuge in the CIE lounge and in the class :) I switched on the heater at home last night. I remember when I first came back from Tokyo, I felt so cold at night because I was used to the heater on when I was sleeping in Tokyo. So, I had to use the heater the first night I got back from Tokyo. But then, I got used to the cold again, till last night. I timed it to switch off after 1 hour (if I don't, it's a total waste of electricity since when I'm sleeping, I've got a mountain of blanket on me). Then, in the morning, I couldn't get up and change cos it's so bloody cold. An advice given by one of the other homestay student was: Wake up 1/2 hour earlier than you plan, switch on the heater and then sleep for another 1/2 hour. Wait for the room to warm up and then you can get out of bed. =) Good idea! Haha, maybe tonightttttttttt.... Since the temperature is expected to drop lowwwwwwwwwwwwww... =X

2 comments:

  1. hehe... i'm cold too and my heater doesn't work bcos it's central heating and i have to wait for some guy to switch on the entire building's heating and i have no IDEA what's going on since on some cold days it just refuses to switch on...T_T

    save me huey

    and guess what i have exactly the same experience as u!! i am continuously thinking about food... and eating... i think it's a natural body reaction to cold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah lao eh, complain to the people!!! How horrible they are :( Wear more clothes okay, to keep yourself warm.

    Haha, yeah. Think about food all the time. Today, I ate maple scones! It was really expensive, BUT SO GOOD <3 hehe. And I bought maple melon bun. Melon buns are so popular in Japan, I don't know why. haha. I like them, but my friend doesn't. =X hehe.

    I 100% wish you were here... I think you'd go crazy over the cheap CDs (relative to Singapore prices anyways).

    What CDs do u want me to search for??? I can try to find them cheaply for u! =)

    ReplyDelete