Saturday, December 13, 2008

Farewell Party - 14 Dec

Today was my farewell party (about 1 week in advance). I don't have many pictures of myself, cos I was busy taking videos and pictures of the entire thing. But even then, I'm too lazy to upload them now. So, I'll upload them 10 years later, maybe.

One thing for sure: There was a lot of food. Haha. Now, I'm so full! =) We had curry, rice, onigiri (heart shaped onigiri!), ichigo-cake (it was fantastic), cheesecake, crackers with kiwi and cream (it was surprisingly good), sandwiches, crackers with ham and cheese, sushi, sashimi, fried chicken, omg, the list goes on and on and on... Everything was so delicious! [hence, likely, the 5kg will increase to maybe 8kg by the time I leave...]

I slept at 2.30 this morning cos was busy doing my paper, so I couldn't wake up earlier than 9.30. Okaasan had to wake up at 6.30am and prepare the food herself =X Sighs, should have woken up a little bit earlier to help her with the cooking or something. Poor woman, struggling with the cooking and the washing... Fortunately, she'd not finished everything yet. So, at Child Space, the lot of us (the children and some adults) helped her with the cutting of the fruit, the cheese, the crackers, the whipped cream, the washing of plates etc. It was kinda fun. I guess, in some ways, if you all have a common goal you're working to (a successful party), and you guys like the jobs you were assigned to, it can be really really fun. =)

The party was, I think, rather successful. I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves :) I plan to go to a photoshop and print those pictures for Okaasan as my going-away present (sort of like what Daryn is doing on Tuesday, except mine has few of my pictures in it, haha). The music was great, too, I thought.

Okaasan told me after the entire party was over, "You're the first international student to help out in the party. The students before you just came for the party, and then left, without helping us out. Thank you so much."

I think, she has a mistaken idea about me. She thinks I'm super helpful... If my friends were coming (but they did not, cos I mixed up the dates), I'd have been out fetching them from Kayashima station, and bringing them back to the station after the party. And better still, if it'd been 23rd dec, I'd have been late for the party cos I'd be at KIX with Daryn. It's only because today none of my friends are coming that I have time (no, I don't have free time, but... It's a party, she's gotta need help!) to do those packing and moving of things. I think, she's painted too angelic a picture of me and I feel a bit stressed trying to live up to those expectations. Recently, because I've been busy doing my project report and studying for my exams, I haven't been helping out with the dishes. I wonder what she thinks of that... hah~

I'm left with only 10 or so days with this family. Counting down, counting down...

Oh great, I don't even know what time, or where my exams are next week. BLOODY HELL.

P.S. I was mistaken about the song that was played today: The Promise of the World in Howl's Moving Castle was not the one that I posted before. it's this one:



The song is really really beautiful... I really really really love it...

I am translating them from a dictionary and guessing what they mean from the little grammar that I've learnt.

Lyrics:
涙の奥にゆらぐほほえみは (Inside tears is a trembling smile)
時の始めからの世界の約束 (from the beginning of time, the World's Promise)

いまは一人でも二人の昨日から (now, I am alone, but yesterday we were together)
今日は生まれきらめく (Today, a sparkle is born)
初めて会った日のように (As beautiful as when we first met)

思い出のうちにあなたはいない (You are not inside my memory)
そよかぜとなって頬に触れてくる (You have become a slight breeze, coming to touch my face)

木漏れ日の午後の別れのあとも (The afternoon, when sunlight flitered through the trees, we were reluctant to part)
決して終わらない世界の約束 (The World's Promise will never end)

いまは一人でも明日は限りない(Now I am alone, but tomorrow is endless)
あなたが教えてくれた (you have let me experience again)
夜にひそむやさしさ (the night's concealed gentleness)

思い出のうちにあなたはいない (even if you are not in my memory)
せせらぎの歌に この空の色に (in the small stream's song, in the sky's colour)
花の香りに いつまでも生きて (in the flower's scent, you will always be there)


My translation is horrible, isn't it? I translated word for word. haha. But I read the chinese translation. It's so much prettier.

I love the last lines: Even if you are not in my memory, I feel your presence in the stream's song, in the colour of the sky and in the flower's scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment