Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Utmost Creepiness *shudders*

*shudders*


So I was looking for a place to sit to eat my spaghetti. There was this Japanese guy sitting there at a table with no one sitting beside him. Hmm, technically, that should have been a red alert immediately, right? But no.. I actually asked him, "Can I sit down here?" [Robbie said that I sort of asked for it. haha. not true!!!] Anyway, he responded very positively. Too positively, in fact, that I became highly suspicious the moment I actually put down my bag.


Actually, I just intended to eat and study my Japanese (I'm still very bad with the short forms) and not talk to the guy. But then, he kept trying to make conversation with me.. So, I, being the very obligating sort, talked with him.


Then, he moved his bag and sat on the chair next to me.

He sat closer.



And closer.



And closer.



*red alert*



And closer.



And closer.



Till a point where his knees were almost touching mine.



We talked for a bit, those normal conversational topics. And then, he asked for my cell phone number (to which I said, I have a phone but it doesn't have money in it, and I don't intend to top it up because it's expensive). Then he gave me his email and asked me for my web email (I gave one that still exists, but I never use it).



So, red alert right? I was done with my spaghetti and itchy to go... To be honest, since the time I've gotten to Japan, that was the first time I actually had that "fight or flight" response. I swear, if he did anything to me, I'd so have scratched and slapped and screamed blue murder at him, given my state of emergency at that time.

But, I'm also rational sometimes. So, I chose the best exit strategy. "I've gotta go. I need to meet my friend," I said, starting to pack. He then stared at my neck and said, "That's a really pretty necklace. Can I touch it?"


My hand shot up to my neck and I replied, "NO. You can (fucking) not touch it." [of course, I didn't say "fucking". I'm too polite; that's gonna be my downfall, I swear.] "My mother gave it to me as a present. I don't allow people to touch it."


Then I left. Nah, that makes it sound like I was rude when I left. Not true. I was really polite and said, "See you" when in fact, I don't want to see him for the rest of my life.


At the comp lab, I met Robbie, who said, "I wanted to warn you just now, but I forgot. That guy you were talking to? He groped R's breasts."


And I'm like, WHAT THE HELL? WHY DIDN'T YOU COME AND SAVE ME JUST NOW???



Then I went and talked to R. Apparently, it's not the first time he initially an action to touch a girl. *shudders* The girl sitting beside R said he patted her on the head [well, better that than groping, I guess.]


Sometimes, weird things just happen. CHIKAN RED-ALERT PLEASE.

Haha, I told Daryn about it and she was like, "OMG! I'm so glad nothing happened to you!"

Talk about sense of self-preservation. I have at least SOME sense of self-preservation [directed at you, YK]

Well, at least I don't get harassed like Ashley.


Ashley was walking along the road at Makino when this high school student on a bike stopped by and motioned to her that he wanted to talk. She took off her earphones and then he started asking her weird questions. He said, "you're really pretty, what's your name?" etc. It even led up to a point where he said, "kiss wo shi te" [will you kiss me?] and "can I hold your hand"? He even grabbed her hand [she pulled back from him]. That's the condensed version of it. more things happened, but I can't remember them all..

SOME Japanese guys are creepy... *shudders shudders shudders*

***

This morning, I decided that I was going to ship back some of my things because otherwise, it'd add bulk to my already heavy luggage. But to ship stuff, you have to buy boxes. And I thought to ask Okaasan for boxes in case she had, so I didn't need to buy them from the Post Office.

I told Okaasan, "watashi wa haka wo hoshi."
[I THOUGHT it meant, "I want a box".]

She stared at me in horror.

Then I said (in English), "I want a box to send my stuff back."

She had that enlightened look and then started laughing. "Hako!!! Haka jya nai!" [hako! not haka!] And she explained to me what haka meant.

Apparently, I'd told her, "I want a grave".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

OMG, language... It was only a difference between "o" and "a" but it made helluva difference.

I know I learnt the word "haka" in my Buddhism class, but it just never stuck in my mind because I always referred to them as "graves". But, it was oh-so-funny. haha. From now on, I'll remember hako = box, haka = grave...

2 comments:

  1. haha the haka hako thing is so funny.... haha...

    btw thanks for getting my parcels!! love u loads and loads


    btw the creepy guy is damn scary.


    and hope u r getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i thought so too. haha, though a little embarrassing once I knew what happened :P

    welcome! =)

    yes, i think so. he's creeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

    And I think im getting better =) thank u!!!

    ReplyDelete