Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Vagina Monologues

The Vagina Monologues [click to get to wiki site to understand what the Vagina Monologues is]

I enjoyed the Vagina Monologues held in school today tremendously. Glad I decided to go for it. I loved "The Woman Who liked to Make Vaginas Happy". It was so hilarious! Haha. I think everyone in the audience loved that. Daryn told me that there was a variant of the moan in her school that was performed. It's called the college student moan... "I... I... I've gotta... Stu... Stu.. dy!" I also liked "My Vagina was my Village" though that one was super upsetting. Daryn told me how her school did it. A girl was dressed sweetly and talking happily about how her vagina is a pretty place and the other dressed as a comfort woman in Korea talking about the atrocities committed against her. It was really sad and made me sort of angry about the horrors men can commit against women. I really liked, "My Angry Vagina". I thought the two girls who did it were fantastic at it. There was also "The Little Coochi Snorcher Who Could". The accent was really good... And I liked "I was there in the Room". Giving birth is one of the most painful thing a woman can go through. Without women who sacrifice themselves to bring life to earth, where would we all be?

The others were good too, but then, these few stuck in my mind basically because when they were acting it out, I thought to myself, "Wow. I'd write about this in my blog for sure tonight!"

I guess, for the conservative, this would definitely be an uncomfortable experience. But I really really liked it.

Sighs, I'm graduating soon. No longer gonna remain a student. While I dislike SMU a whole bit, I guess, I mourn for my lost university days... *sighs* If I could turn back time... There'd be a whole lot of things I would never have done. And a whole lot of things that I would have tried to do.. Well, too late now. I'm already in my 4th year when I realise that. At least, I've got my fabulous GPA to support me...

Look ahead. Look forward. Don't look back!

Ganbatte, Huey, ganbatte!

No comments:

Post a Comment