Sunday, December 21, 2008

Whining again, Himeko-chan? Stop whining!

I am planning the Tokyo trip and am looking through Daryn's pictures of Tokyo (the weekend I went to Arashiyama and Mt Hiei) to get some inspiration as to where else to bring YK to (and for me to explore on foot. Not that BK's descriptions and places to go aren't enough. They're plenty enough, but we didn't go to Akihabara the last time, so I wanna go).

Suddenly felt like crying as I was looking through the pictures. Perhaps it's because the Tokyo trip she took was without me. She went by herself to meet her friend there. So, perhaps it's a reminder that when she's back in US, she will no longer have a life with me actively in it.

It's not like she's gone back. But... I just suddenly feel like I'd no longer see her. A presence I am so accustomed to, will soon be gone. We see each other every single day lah! What will it be like to not see her all the time?

*Imagines...*

I can no longer email her phone and receive replies within minutes. Of course, I can email her lah, and receive replies in maybe 12 hours' time because I am no longer in the same timezone as her.

I can no longer go with her to places and get lost together (but ALWAYS, ALWAYS find our way back. ALWAYS. Haha. I have to emphasize that =P)

I can no longer whine about horrible people to her face to face and have her analyze the situation for me and give me the best advice possible

We will no longer have long chats over lunches about our private lives. Actually, that's not true. We have long chats whether or not it's over lunches. haha.

I will no longer be able to make bento for her. Or bring lunch to school for her (be it in the form of biscuits or otherwise).

We will no longer encourage each other to spend (or save, depending on the situation) money.

We can never go to Bookoff and buy a gazillion books and worry about overweight luggage again.

I will never hear her sing Phantom of the Opera again.. [haha, today I called her my IPOD].

I will no longer get suan-ed by her for my "broken" English, "broken ears", "broken eyes", and for being "ji ko ai" (narcissistic).

We can no longer have the routine, "dammit" "janet" "i love you"

I cant teach Singlish to her anymore. Haha, not that she actually ever got anyone of my singlish words except maybe "sianz" and "siao". haha. Even tried to teach her "sua ku" (mountain turtle) but it failed... And "alamak" but I don't think she remembers. At least she knows "aiyoh" in place of "aiyah".

I'd no longer hear her meow. (and woof in response)

She'll no longer cut my hair/bangs.

We can no longer take purikura together and pose in some silly way

No more discarded cookies and cream coffee! [I hate coffee, but cookies and cream.. hmm, yummy.]

No more staring at kanji together and wondering what they mean

No more hankering after crepes. Or parfaits. Or vending machine icecreams in Winter.

I can no longer throw Japanese-speaking staff to her for translation. "Daryn, you speak to him." haha.

I seem to be able to go on and on and on. When we practically meet each other everyday and seem to have been fastened by superglue, I think I can safely say... There're too many experiences to list... haha, even though I'm trying to list them =X

Oh, Daryn. I wish you were coming to Tokyo with me too! haha, then you and YK can draw while I figure out the maps and getting us to places... *sighs*

P/S. It doesn't mean my Singaporean friends are unimportant. Just that, I know I'm going back and meeting my Singaporean friends. But, in Daryn's case, we don't know exactly when we'll meet. It's a very hazy event in the (near, hopefully) future...

No comments:

Post a Comment