Monday, December 1, 2008

Weekend

Weekend came and gone so suddenly.

Friday afternoon was spent buying my Shinkansen ticket. There was a lot of confusion, even with Daryn with me. So, I'm still not sure what happened to the other part of my Shinkansen ticket, but we have to go back to the agency to get the other half. Friday evening was spent with my speaking partner, her friend, Daryn, Daryn's speaking partner and Sunshine for buffet meal. I was pretty upset cos I only got to eat two bowls of icecream. Darned it. =( And something terribly embarrassing happened (this can only happen to me, I swear) and so, while it was enjoyable, it wasn't overly so.

Saturday morning was spent with Daryn and her Okaasan at Hachimon-san. After which, her Okaasan treated us to lunch at some restaurant. It was quite nice too, I took plenty of pictures. The evening was back at home, with Daryn trying to do work on my computer and me trying to study for the kanji test today and the lesson test tomorrow.

Sunday morning was spent at Kinkakuji. A disappointment to say the least. But then, along the way to Daitoku-ji, we stopped by this shop and I bought most of my omiyage. I think I'm only left with Jiajia's, HH's and some other people's presents.. We decided not to go to Daitoku-ji (i knew it. The amount of time we spent at the shop was insane. 1.5 hours!) and went back to Sanjo to book-off (a bookstore), where I bought 3 Japanese elementary school children's books. Actually, the reason we cldnt go to Daitoku-ji was because I had to be home by 6.30p.m. for Kevin's (this ex-homestay student) visit. Kevin is incredibly good at Japanese. He's a Taiwanese-Canadian, on JET programme now, translating material at the city hall and organizing stuff for children. I felt so... out of place when he was around. Strangely, he speaks exactly like Fangyu. Maybe it's a taiwanese-western kinda thing?

And Sunday night was spent doing my research. I'm behind time in everything. This is so not like me... *sighs* but I'll present a good report by the end of this term. I SWEAR.

I'm so groggy, I couldn't pay attention during class and during my meeting today.

I wish I didn't have all these responsibilities. I wish I'm okay with a C grade, but I'm not. I wish I weren't perfectionist, but I am. Today, while practising my piano, I was thinking, "If only time can stop temporarily for me, and I get everything done.... That'd be great."

Haha, who am I kidding!!! =P

Wednesday, I'm skipping class. To go on an expedition from Kiyomizudera to Ginkaku-ji. it'd prob take at least 10 hours, including stopping and looking at stuff. I've got stuff planned out for myself. It'd also be the first time I wear my winter jacket. The red one that FY lent me. Because I'd be walking for 10 hours, it'd be too cold...

I'm looking forward to my own expedition! How exciting!

[/edit] I'll skip next Wednesday instead. I've got something planned for tomorrow, it just suddenly happened. Haha, I'll be attending the Vagina Monologue held in school. Daryn told me about it once, but since I've never seen it, I don't know what it is... Shall go for the play tomorrow instead of exploring. Since I'm sick anyways, it'd have been a bad idea. I'll tell Sensei to put me on Friday's oral test instead of Thurs so Thurs I either don't need to go to school, or only go to school for self-evaluation at 2.30...

Note to self: Buddhism Test next week. Presentation (entrepreneurship) next week. Lesson test next week. Oral test next week. Reading test next week.

2 comments:

  1. self preservation wins for once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it wasn't self-preservation you know.. It was timing clash. My illness is just an afterthought.

    ReplyDelete