Saturday, December 6, 2008

Interesting pictures taken...















East / West Exit? This was taken at Kayashima. I only managed to catch this because I was pointing it to Daryn to tell her where the EAST exit was.















Not the big toilet seats. The tiny toilet seats. Don't they look cute? Haha. It shows the miniaturization in Japan. The cute culture :)




















Kimono's Hospital. Haha. So cute right? I came across another one that said, "Western dress hospital". They mean, tailor, I guess.




















It says (I think), "Please do not bring your home rubbish and throw them here." It amused me so much, because that's exactly what I do.




















Honour system in Japan... Still at work in sleepy Yawata-shi, where Daryn lives. You take the vegetables, and then put money into the box below.




















A tanuki. I wonder why they have tanukis outside houses... But it was interesting all the same. Tanukis are pranksters, Daryn told me.















Drying persimmons. And sometimes I wonder, we can't do that in Singapore right? The weather's too humid to make dry persimmons...




















Sweet potato cream... It was quite nice, if not overly sweet.




















A heart shaped plant! <3 so sweet looking...















I was desperate. Daryn was over to study with me, but Wataru, once he saw Daryn, came running up. I don't know why, but he's fascinated with her. She needed to do her project... And there's no lock in the house. So I ended up tying a cord (sorry Kang yao, your lan cable was used for this purpose...) to prevent him from coming in.

it worked, sort of. Till I went downstairs to get dinner, then he ran up and burst into the room. After which, I told Okaasan who came and got him out of the room.

I always tell Daryn, "Desperate situations call for desperate measures..." Here's the desperate measure...

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I recall helping friends lower a mattress from the 3rd storey using a LAN cable. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wonders of a LAN cable... *shakes head in amazement*

    ReplyDelete