Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stress Signals

I have an oral fixation, according to Daryn.

When I'm stressed, I tend to want to bite on something.

I also tend to eat a lot without feeling full. Like today, for dinner, it was a big meat bun, one plate of yaki soba, one bowl of rice and one fish (yes one fish, not one slice of fish). I finished all of it. In addition to the afternoon snacks and lunch and breakfast... In addition to my 10 gummy bears and 2 butterscotch sweets I devoured right after dinner. It's quite a feat the amount I put into my stomach.

I remembered the last time I was so stressed my fingernails were bitten to the quick. I've always been admonished for biting my nails. it's not only unhygenic (I know!), it also hurts my nails and my teeth. But I do it when I'm thinking very hard about something or when I'm very very very stressed and am not thinking at all about my surroundings.

Currently, my nails are fine. Because, I keep buying sweets. In a day, I can finish one packet of sweets. I don't mean 10 sweets. I mean like 30 sweets at one shot, in one sitting, at night. I've usually a very good control on my night eating. But recently, due to the stress, I've been taking in far too many sweets... In school, it's the same. When I'm in the comp lab doing my project, I can finish at one shot, the entire packet of chocolate biscuits without even realising it.

I'm that stressed.

BUT! It's exchange... Why am I so stressed?! *sighs* impossible to understand.

Anyways, Mr. Creepy wanted to come and talk to me today while I was doing project in the CIE lounge. I ignored him and continued talking to my grp mates all the way till he gave up and went away... *shrugs* It pays to be extra careful sometimes, even if it means I'm gonna have to be impolite.

Hmm, I've taken to kneeling on whatever chair I'm sitting on. It's just... more natural? Tucking my feet under myself makes my feet warm, if that made sense. =)

I intended to skip class today. However, because of the Entrepreneurship project *sighs*, I didn't. And also because today is the last day of our SPJ and we were going to take pictures.

I arranged for my RWJ reading test to be in the morning at 8.45 so that Daryn and I could go to Kobe. However... A change of plans, I'm afraid :( We've decided to stay in school to work on our individual projects, seeing that weekend will be burnt again. My suggestion lah. Haha.

It's not like I've never been to Kobe. It was the lights that I wanted to go and see... The one to commemorate the Great Hanshin Earthquake of 1995. But then, it's not like I can't come back to Japan anymore.. I can always come back some years later to look at the lights :) No big deal. hehe. Spending time doing work is also important lah. Plus, it'd allow me to catch up on my sleep IF I finish my work.

Hmm, some people think my English wouldn't be... erm, up to standard. In terms of report writing. Just because I come from an Asian country doesn't mean that my English isn't up to mark! If my English isn't up to mark, how could you be able to understand what I'm saying, desho? And how would my professors (unless they have bad language skills themselves...) understand me? haha, reminds me of that time in US. Everyday, I'd hear, "You speak good English!" [yep, thanks. It's my 2nd language. After baby language.]

Today (it IS today! in 11 hours time!) I have my SPJ oral exam. *shudders* I'm not really all that great with Oral exams. =X demo, gambarimasu!

HAI~ Ganbarimasu!

3 comments:

  1. huey~

    Raphael... 懐かしい... haven't heard this name for a long long time...

    Coincidentally I was actually thinking about this band for some reason a couple of nights ago, as in it cropped up in my mind strangely... as in I normally won't remember it at all...




    Oh u didn't receive my offline msg? Hmm I wanted to ask u if u can help me collect one more DVD.. just one last one... if i order today it may reach u on the 16th going by the last pattern... is that ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O
    i thought of something ELSE when u said oral fixation.. hahaha

    i miss u guys so much. i have no one to go out with.

    THIS JUST SHOWS HOW PATHETICALLY SMALL MY SOCIAL CIRCLE IS

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Jia: Replied you on MSN, but will still reply here :) Sure. please send ASAP, cos I don't go school 17 onwards. Or 18 onwards. Haha, and I'm addicted to this song at the moment. So pretty song <3

    To Cher: Go out with SY lah. Haha. AND... ERM... hahahahahahaha. I can't comment much on your other interpretation of oral fixation :P but that's not what u're thinking of, no.

    ReplyDelete