Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oral Exams

Oral exams did not go well.

I'd like to blame it on lack of sleep, but it's not true.

I'd like to blame it on lack of practise, also not true.

I've got nothing to blame it on. I just did badly, I think. I think, I can only say, my Japanese standard really sucks... The questions were so difficult, the vocabulary and the grammar were beyond my abilities.

How does one say, "People who want to quit smoking can chew gum"?

How does one say, "the Prince"?

How does one say, "Spitting is prohibited in Singapore"?

There were so many things that I didn't know how to say in Japanese... I knew, from the moment she asked, "What is famous in Singapore?" and "Merlion, right?" that I'd die for Oral already. Why can't she ask me normal questions like, "What's your major"? It's 10% of my total grade. If I fail this, given the rest of my grades, I'd probably still get a B, but it's not what I want. I want an A in Japanese, because I put in so much, so much effort into it. I speak it everyday, or try to, with Daryn and other people. I try, really really hard... I also know I used some vocabulary she never did teach in class. Maybe that'd be my redeeming grace?

Sighs.

I'm churning out fake numbers/statistics for my would-be meal delivery project. *worried, worried, worried*

Tomorrow is RWJ reading test at 8:45am. Im not ready for it, I swear. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment