Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kyoto - Last day for Daryn

Last day in Kyoto for Daryn. We went to Toji Temple. I mixed up Toji Temple with Toji-in Temple. Fortunately for the two of us, I found it out just in time when we were in the train to Chushojima. Bought a yukata and a kimono (each for 1000yen) there. They're both very very very heavy, so Daryn was suggesting to wear all of those on me when I board the plane. Hahahahahaha. I can't imagine. THOSE TWO WITH TRACK SHOES / BOOTS? PLUS my two coats, AND my shirt and pants? You gotta be kidding me! I'd die from heat before I even board the plane lah.

Hmm, I sometimes wonder why I buy things which I cannot wear or use in Singapore. I definitely can't wear the kimono or yukata in Singapore, cos I don't have the full set. I don't have obi (though the pink strap that the guy gave us could serve as an obi/cord), no geta, no tabi... =( Haha, how would I be able to wear the Kimono out of the house? No, the correct sentence is, How the hell would I be able to wear the kimono around Singapore without people staring at me as if I lost my mind? Or as if I'm an alien???

So why did I get it? Because they were both pretty. Haha, end of story. Though, I still think that maybe, just MAYBE I should have gotten the pink haori to match my pink kimono and not have gotten my purple yukata... But then, *sighs* What to do, what's done already been done. Can't turn back time and go hunt it down, can I?

Spent quite a bit of time at Toji Temple and then we went to Shijo to have our parfait. Haha. It was so good! Mine was caramel apple parfait (though I couldn't taste the apple at all). Daryn's was strawberry icecream, vanilla icecream and chocolate icecream with loads of strawberries, a waffle, two pocky sticks and some nuts or something below the whole concortion. AND, it was on a crepe. Haha, we're totally crazy about crepes. Wait, make that, we're totally crazy :P I hated hers though. It was CHOCOLATE ICECREAM, yuck. By the time I got to my vanilla icecream, I'd run out of ingredients. So, I took out my cereal (I was carrying cereal, cos today I woke up late and didn't eat breakfast) and poured it into my icecream. it tasted fantastic!!! haha, granola with icecream =) A great combination, if I may say so myself. Could be a breakfast. Instead of serving cereal with milk, we can serve cereal with icecream! =) Haha, wouldn't that be great?!

Anyways, dropped by Sanjo Bookoff where Daryn did not get anything but for once, I got something. 2 FMA books for Jiajia as her omiyage. She was the one who introduced FMA to me. Actually, I wanted to get FMA art book for her, but I couldn't find it AT ALL. I found the anime guide, but then she's finished watching the entire series, so it's not of much use to buy the guide. Anyways, I SAW FMA BOOK 19. Omg, I hope that Singapore's got Book 19 in Chinese lah... And I also looked for ヤンキーくんとメガネちゃん and found only 1 and 3. Nevermind, I think Singapore has Book 7 (though Book 10 has been released in Japan already). Haha, so I shall hunt it down when I'm back in Singapore =)

We're both tired, Daryn and I. *sighs*

And maybe just a tad sad... Every time she says (or sometimes I say), "Don't worry, I'll (you'll) be back in US soon" I feel kinda sad. Haha, but still, we must treasure the last 2 days together!

***

I translated something using the online translator and was super amused by the answers that I got from the online translator. Either, a) it was ungrammatical, or b) the online translator is not smart enough. My answer is that it's just not smart enough! I swear whatever I was trying to translate was actually grammatical!!!

2 comments:

  1. Heheh! If you really really want, you can buy low-quality tabi for $4.90 each at Citrusox pushcarts in Bugis, Raffles City, Tampines Mall and many many other places here in SG. Better quality ones would be at cosplay shops. I just saw some good pnes at Chinatown Point. Geta will be tough. There's only zori that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I go visit you in Singapore, I'll bring one of my yukata and haori, and we can go around Singapore for a day in yukata and sneakers. =)

    I think getting the purple yukata was good, so that you have a change of pace. After all, that's like going "Why did I buy two dresses instead of only one dress with an overcoat?" It makes for two outfits instead of one extra fancy one. ^^;

    My crepe parfait thing was EXCELLENT! With or without chocolate ice-cream, the rest of it was divine!

    ReplyDelete